Monday, December 5, 2011

Coming out as truth

Yesterday, I had an epiphany. I come out to people so it's easier for them to share their own truth. In other words, by sharing my true self with other people, they can more easily share their own truth with me and with even more people. I knew this, of course, but I got it down to one nifty sentence. Don't you think that this would make a great button "I come out so it's easier for you to come out, too."? I don't want people to think of "coming out" in terms of sexuality or gender identity, either. Think of the numerous ways we separate ourselves, whether it be religion or politics or work or school or whatever. By revealing our truth, others can reveal theirs, too, and the world will be a better place because we will understand each other just a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment